Summer 2017 Enrichment Programs:
We are excited to offer Individual Academic Tutoring, Group Academic Workshops, and Enrichment Sessions this summer! These sessions are open to all students, you do not have to be enrolled at JCS to attend.
- 1 hour sessions
- $65.00 per hour session (all materials included)
- Subject Matter / All Levels: Reading Comprehension, Reading Decoding (Orton Gillingham), Written Expression, Math, Social Studies, Science, English, and Spanish
- Tutoring available 3:15 – 5:00 p.m.
- Tutoring is in session only on The John Crosland School’s full school days
- Tutoring is available during the summer, Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
For additional information regarding Crosland’s tutoring services, please contact Mrs. Lynn Bonner at 704-365-5490 ext. 715.
Extended Day Program/Enrichment Activities
- The program will begin at dismissal and extend until 6:00 p.m.
- Weekly rate is $70.00 per week
- Drop in rate is $20.00 per day
- Non-refundable $30.00 registration
- Students receive light snack, supervised study hall (teacher assistance when needed) and games
- Open on full school days and also when school is in session for a half day
- Free morning services – starts at 7:00 a.m.
For additional information regarding the Extended Day Program and Enrichment Activities, please contact us at 704-365-5490.
- PSAT & SAT testing is available at Crosland for all juniors and seniors.
- All students take part in annual MAP testing.
For additional information regarding testing services, please contact Kathleen Gavin at 704-365-5490 ext. 702.
KidSpeak Therapy Services at Crosland
Crosland offers our families the option of participating in a KidSpeak program, right on our campus. KidSpeak provides speech and language therapy services, designed to address the child’s total communication needs during both the school year and the summer.
KidSpeak offers Speed and Language Therapy, Screening, Comprehensive Evaluations, Spanish Therapy Services, Flexible Scheduling, Classroom Consultations, In-Service Training, and Fast ForWord® computer-based therapy. KidSpeak recognizes the best speech and language therapy results occur when the latest research and technology is integrated with all aspects of a child’s development. For over 10 years KidSpeak has worked to provide the bridge children need to translate skills learned in therapy into everyday activities.
Occupational Therapy Services at Crosland
The John Crosland School offers on-site Occupational Therapy during both the summer and the school year. Pictured here: Ms. Nicole E. Cyphert, MS, OTR/L and two of her students. For more information please contact the Lower School Director, Mrs. Elaine Triantis.
Social Skills – Lower School
The Lower School offers an innovative Social Skills program, Second Step, which is designed to promote skills for learning, emotional management, empathy, and problem solving. This program allows students to improve their social skills by integrating creative arts with character education. The class is taught by Ms. Rachel Brockman who graduated from Millersville University of Pennsylvania in 2014 with a BA in Psychology and Art. Ms. Brockman is currently completing her Master’s of Social Work from Simmons College. Per the Second Step website, the curriculum is designed to help students with:
- Recognizing emotions in oneself and others
- Managing strong emotions
- Having empathy for others
- Controlling impulses
- Communicating clearly and assertively
- Maintaining cooperative relationships
- Making responsible decisions
- Solving problems effectively
Pictured below: Ms. Rachel Brockman and her students.