If you ask The John Crosland School students, they will say that Middle School is comfortable, exciting and fun. In this positive atmosphere, our Middle School students receive the tools that they need to succeed both academically and socially.
Our program is designed to draw on students’ prior educational experiences by using a variety of innovative instructional methods to develop academic and social skills. Personal growth during early adolescence is critical, and we strive to give them every opportunity for guidance and development. We have excellent character education programs and extracurricular activities.
- School hours 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Team approach to academic and social needs
- Two Language Arts classes daily (6th and 7th grade)
- 8th grade Spanish Cultures class
- Study skills development
- Self-advocacy development
- Physical Education daily
- In-classroom use of innovative and cutting-edge technologies
- Regular field trips
- Eight period day with a supervised study hall
- Extra-curricular activities: athletics, clubs, social events