The John Crosland School’s Upper School offers an academic, college preparatory program that provides enriching experiences in a supportive and caring educational setting. Each student is viewed as an individual and each student’s needs are met through the use of individualized, multi-sensory teaching. It is our desire to provide the skills, knowledge, and values that will enable our students to enjoy academic and personal success after Crosland. We encourage our students to become involved in the life of the school, make new friends, and to build new leadership experiences. We help students to grow in their abilities to study and research independently, to think logically and creatively, to communicate ideas in a meaningful way, and to develop their social and interpersonal skills.
- School hours 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- College preparatory curriculum
- College Board Advanced Placement Program (AP Courses)
- SAT prep courses
- Eight period day with supervised study hall
- Electives include: Physical Education, Graphic Arts, Spanish, Life Skills, Guitar, Art, Art Appreciation, Journalism/Yearbook, Life Skills
- Extra-curricular activities: athletics, clubs, social events
- Regular field trips
- Senior Seminar: college/career readiness class that prepares students for “life after Crosland”
- Community service opportunities related to school-wide service learning projects